Sample Society from Beautybar.com and Allure Magazine – March Box
Spring is back, so am I. Never ever do what I did and leave your blog, no matter how many projects you run or how busy your life is, there should always be time for your passion.
I am starting my back to blogging rate with [another] beauty sample box - Sample Society from BeautyBar and Allure. You would think that I will give up on these boxes after major Birchbox dissapointment. But when heard that one of my favorite skincare stores and my favorite magazine are launching one – couldn’t resist. [There was another reason - gift certificate which equals price of the box $15].
So without further adieu, let’s get started with the March 2012 box:
Here is what company promises…
For $15 a month, you’ll receive:
- 5 deluxe-sized samples from beauty brands like Murad, Stila, and Oscar de la Renta fragrance.
- $15 gift code to redeem on a $50 purchase – when any product from the brands you’ve sampled is included in your order.
- Expert beauty advice to accompany your samples from the editors of Allure.
- A bonus one-year subscription to Allure magazine ($12 value). See below for offer & refund details.
…and what I got
- 5 deluxe-sized samples from beauty brands Fekkai, Dermalogica, Skyn Iceland, Ren [yay!], Oscar de la Renta - Overall very pleased with what I got, except for 1 item [keep reading]
- $15 gift code to redeem on a $50 purchase – when any product from the brands you’ve sampled is included in your order – Awesome, I was just about to order some Ren products
- Expert beauty advice to accompany your samples from the editors of Allure – Honestly I could not find my promised mini-mag with expert advice. I panicked and even tweeted to BeautyBar, but realized that tiny brochure with a discount code actually is a mini-mag – major fail
- A bonus one-year subscription to Allure magazine ($12 value). See below for offer & refund details – Already read and love, but a nice bonus!
- Ren Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask Deluxe Sample – huge fan of this product, Leavs my skin smooth and even
- Oscar de la Renta Esprit d’Oscar Eau de Parfum Deluxe Mini Roller Ball – the only product from the box I did not like: not my scent, not my character at all
- Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Deluxe Sample – still have no idea what to do with this powder, working on figuring out
- Fekkai Advanced Glossing Cream Deluxe Sample – excited as I had some great experience with this brand, but never tried a glossing cream
- Skyn Iceland Icelandic Relief Eye Pen – Full size – Perfect, I was just on hunt for some cooling eye product, nd it’s a full size ($20 Value), how can I complain.
Conclusion: If you want to discover some new products, travel a lot and need some to go miniatures, if you are about to order some skin products or makeup, considering subscribing to Allure magazine – I would recommend getting one of the boxes. It will give you everything – experience, discount and a great reading bonus